- What are you planning do this weekend?
- What are you going to do this weekend?
- What are you up to this weekend?
- I'd like to draw your attention to this sales graph,
- As you can see …
- They(= sales) decreased …
- We started this year with a 20million profit(sales).
- Sales of trading cards have decreased thirty percent.
- Our sales decreased by 200 million.（売上は200万下がった）
- 200 -> 300
- Sales went up by 100.
- Sales went up to 300.
- 3 years later = 3 years after that
- We announced ing (× to )
- In March of 1976 = In March 1976
- eat at the desk
- Do I have to reserve the meeting room in advance?(beforehand? / ahead of time?)
- He is smacking his lips.
(smacking means ‘make sound when eating'.)
- take a break / take a one hour break(lunch).（休憩をとる）
- recycle trash / garbage
- You should clock in / out（ (タイムレコーダーで)出勤時を記録する、出勤する）
- go by the book（慣例に従う） = follow the rules
stretch the rules（規則を拡大解釈する？的な）
break the rules（規則を破る）
- for private calls.（私用の電話）
- We don't allow smoking in the building.
We allow smoking in this building.
- You are allowed to smoke in the building
- on your desk / on my desk
- The photos are overlapping.（重ねる）
- It's called …（...と呼ばれている）
- What colors does it come in?
It comes in brown and red. (= It has …)
It comes with .
- It's not only affordable but also stylish.（安いだけでなくスタイリッシュである）
It's reasonable / affordable / inexpensive.
- Could you let her know that …
- Could you let him know that he is supposed to …
- Could you tell him that he is going to … / scheduled to …
- Could you ask him to …
- Could you ask her if she can make it on Wednesday afternoon?
- Something urgent come up so I don't have a choice but to cancel our meeting.
- How often do you go there?（どのくらいそこに行くの？）
- Who are you going with?（誰とそこに行くの？）
- Are you going with anybody?（誰かとそこに行くの？）
- It's difficult to explain out.（説明するのが難しい）
- It's grilled chicken pieces on a skewer / stick.
- We usually dip it in soy sauce.（よく醤油に漬けて食べる）
- Put the paper on the copier.
- You should … / You need to …
- Choose the number of copies you want to make.（コピーしたい枚数を選ぶ）
- First, （まず、） ≠ At first = At the beginning（最初は）
ex) At first, I didn't like Tokyo but now I love it.
- dial the fax number
- Push / Press the button
- enter the password / PIN（Personal Identification Number）
- Right now we we're at …（いま、私たちは…にいます）
- go through (vs) go past（通り抜ける vs 横を通る）
- The second room on the right is …（右にある二番目の部屋は…です）
- On the other side (of the hallway), you can see …（反対側に、…が見えます）
ex) We use a spatula to eat monjayaki.
- cod roe（明太子）
- trash bin（ごみ箱）
- key card（鍵カード、キーカード）
- fair evaluation（正当な評価）
- humid（湿気のある、湿潤な） = moist（湿った、湿っぽい）
- dried plum（梅）
- put the plum in the bin.
- warning - a sign or a note not to do something
- fuel efficient - less fuel but runs long
- eco-friendly - good for the environment
- The content is outdated.
- The technology is progressing rapidly.
- brew coffee（コーヒー[茶]を淹れる）
- The coffee wakes me up. / keeps me awake.
From free talk / Useful phrases
- I wouldn't get this ticket, if I weren't the fan club member.
- I went drinking. = I had a drink.
- I had my glasses repaired because I stepped on them.
- I want to get promoted.（昇進したい） = I want a promotion.
- I don't have enough decision power.（十分な決定力がない）
- I'll go for a drink with my girlfriend. => I go out with my girlfriend.
- in the afternoon / in the daytime
- I did my laundry（洗濯をした）
- I haven't decided yet.（まだ決めてない）
- give a presentation（プレゼンをする）
- raw fish pieces on a block of rive with vinegar（=寿司）
- Japanese rise wine（日本酒、正宗、ポン酒）
- fried dumplings filled with cabbage, meat and leek（=餃子）