- We're facing a serious budget crisis.
- Out budget this term is smaller than we expected.
- It looks like we're a little short on funds.
- For 5 whole minutes.（5分間も！）
- Our project is way over budget.（プロジェクトは予算超過です）
- As I'm sure you (all) know, …（あなたがすべてを知っていると思うので、…）
- We must … / We have to …
Ex）We definitely have to cut the cost by 10%.（間違いなくコストを10％削減する必要があります）
Ex）We definitely have to cut the cost no less than 10%.（私たちは間違いなく10％以上のコストを削減しなければなりません）
- We should probably … / I'd like to suggest …
- It might be a good idea to … / We may want to consider …
Ex）It might be a good idea to relocate to a bigger place.
Ex）We may want to consider cutting down on the office supplies expenses.
- An audience member asks a technical question that you don't have an answer for.
=> I'm glad you asked that.
- Someone asks you a question about something you plan to talk about later in your presentation.
=> That's a good point. I'll get to that in a moment.
- Someone gives you an important piece of information that you didn't have.
=> I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for mentioning that.
- Someone asks a difficult question to test your proposal.
=> Sorry, I don't have those figures with me at the moment.
- confectionaries => confectionary（糖菓、砂糖菓子）
- go over（…を渡る、越える、…を超過する、…をおおう(ことができる)、…に広まる、を下見する: を視察する、を入念に調べる、を(再)点検する、…を掃除する、を調べる）
= to want what someone else has
Ex）I don't envy you.（私はあなたが羨ましくない）
- brute force（暴力、腕力）
Ex）to brute force (something) = to do something by trying many many times.
Ex）A computer can brute force a password when a person doesn't have time.
- to bring something up
= to talk about new topic, to start taking about something
- to bash your head against (a problem)
= try to fix a difficult problem by repeatedly trying new solutions
- to run (a company)
= to lead, to be a leader, to organize, to manage
- piece of information（情報の一部、少しの情報）
- broad audience （幅広い視聴者）
From free talk / Useful phrases
- She was supposed to choose the dress by herself.
- She tried on 5 dresses.
- She should choose the one she really likes.
- How do you think about that?（方法） vs What do you think about that?（意見）
- I should take at least 2 lessons per week.
- We use more office supplies than necessary / what we need.
- To catch(find) someone stealing money.（誰かがお金を盗むのを見つける）